The idea of Strategic Cybersecurity to many seems like some type of science fiction. It’s easy to say “not needed” or “not yet” for many reasons. Yet the reality seen in the news is that network attacks against smaller businesses are here with a vengence.
Instead of a ransom of millions, the attackers size their demand to thousands, or tens of thousands — whatever they believe a business can just barely sustain. Not reported as much is that the majority of those businesses don’t survive the payment of the ransom, as crucial operating capital is stolen.
Recent studies show that surprising numbers of small business networks are being compromised, often for some time before anyone realizes it and consequences are felt. With the ever-increasing technological advances, these numbers have been climbing, posing a significant risks for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways Abuntech as your MSP helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common oversight of small to medium businesses is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a business firewall in place.
- Passwords – Choosing and regularly changing passwords is often seen as an annoying and difficult activity, as lots of memes would attest. Yet attackers using sophisticated software and tools are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords. Setting and enforcing appropriate policy can make this attack path much more difficult.
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why its so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues. What is the cost of the interruption of your business technology?
- Backup & Disaster Recovery (BDR) – At one point the speed of Internet connections along with the price of mass storage made BDR chronically undersized. No more. Properly designed BDR can offset huge loss risks at very affordable costs.
- Threat Detection and Response – There’s nothing like the peace of mind of having our Network Threat Detection system monitoring your business 7/24. It’s surprisingly affordable when compared to the losses endured from one single ransomware attack!
Regardless of the size of your business, engaging Abuntech to implement strategic cybersecurity offsets huge risks and brings you peace of mind. Get started today with a free internal security audit.